Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Want with Me on a Deserted Island

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

For the record, I would hate being stuck on a deserted island. I don't like being hot, I don't like being out in the sun (that girl hiding out in the shadiest part of the park, smelling like sunscreen? Yes, hi, that's me), and I don't particularly care for sand. However, if I did somehow find myself on a deserted island, these would be my top [nine] picks for people I would want with me – in no particular order...


Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. I think he could provide us all with a source of fresh water, what with him being the son of Poseidon. Also, he could summon all sorts of sea creatures including hippocampi. Free transportation!

Marcus Flutie from Megan McCafferty's Jessica Darling series... because if anyone knows how to find zen on a deserted island, it would be him. Also, he would keep me entertained. We would probably write poems on banana leaves and embark on a raw vegan diet together.

Ronan Lynch from The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater. He could dream me a house. With air conditioning. And snacks! (For when I inevitably get tired of the raw vegan thing.)

Gansey – also from The Raven Cycle series. Let's be real. Ronan would probably ignore me whenever I asked him for things, and I would end up needing a mediator to deal with his bad attitude. Just planning ahead here...


Hermione Granger. In case the Ronan/Gansey plan doesn't work out. She could also teach me magic, since my Hogwarts acceptance letter never arrived... #squib

Luna Lovegood. Can you imagine all the pseudo-philosophical conversations we would have? Also, I think she would help keep morale high.

Froi from The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta, goddess of everything. Because Froi is so prickly. And wonderful. And aren't you sort of curious how he would react to Luna Lovegood?

Come to think of it, I'd want Quintana there too. Because I'm definitely curious how she would respond to Luna. I think Quintana would probably try to bite Luna's face off at first. But then they would become great friends. Plus, together, Froi and Quintana would make for some dreamy entertainment.

And finally, just because I can, Jimmy Hailler from Saving Francesca. He's a sweet baby and he's gone missing for the time being and I just want him where I can see him.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome list! I can definitely get behind Percy & Hermione!

    Rosemond
    www.bighairandbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwe I love Sloppy First!
    You put together a great team to have on your Island
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah hah, the choice of Ronan AND Gansey are perfect!! I never would have thought of those two, but they'd be the perfect choice. Plus there's so entertaining, too.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete