So, ANYWAY... I'm using this post as a note to myself of what needs to happen and by when(ish) so that I can have some semblance of control as far as books are concerned.
Tiffany's Official List of Books to Read:
- ✔ Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo **MUST READ THIS PRIOR TO 9/26 BECAUSE YOU WILL UNDOUBTEDLY BE SPOILED AT THE CROOKED KINGDOM LAUNCH EVENT
- Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil by Melina Marchetta, goddess of everything **okay so this isn't actually out until October but Melina Marchetta lives high on my priority list in general so she can just stay here and hang out
- ✔ The Clasp by Sloane Crosley **I don't particularly want to read this book but it's for my book club and in the name of expanding my reading horizons, I will do my best to follow through... READ IN SEPTEMBER – if you can manage after Six of Crows, that is
- ✔ The Wrath and the Dawn (re-read so you can remember what happens before you read...)
- The Rose and the Dagger (but maybe you should first read...)
- The Moth & the Flame / ✔ The Crown & the Arrow / ✔ The Mirror & the Maze (?)
- Summer Skin by Kirsty Eagar
**ask Aunt Christine to buy in Australia... or maybe purchase in December when you're tentatively in Australiait's getting released in the United States! (in 2018!)
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi **OCTOBER BOOK CLUB
- Every Word by Ellie Marney **technically I should read this asap but Book 3 doesn't currently have a US release date lol lol lol </3 BUT maybe I can buy this in Australia even though my covers won't match
- Iron to Iron by Ryan Graudin (I was so excited for this e-novella so WHY HAVEN'T I READ IT YET)
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley **out in October although it might not actually be released in the US until later but we'll just keep this as a placeholder for now
- Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin **out in November 2016
- Strange the Dreamer **really shouldn't even be on this list since it's not out until 2017 but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ NEW LAINI TAYLOR BOOK WOO!
- Between the World & Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates **DECEMBER BOOK CLUB HIGH PRIORITY ALERT ALERT READ THIS although you probably won't be able to attend this book club meeting... maybe it'll be rescheduled for January? – discuss with Louise
- The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen **for book club, Pulitzer Prize winner
Listing all of those out definitely did not make me feel any better. But I will definitely put Six of Crows on my list for late August/early September reading, which will probably give me just enough time to experience a quarter-life crisis and obsess over the book for a couple of weeks before I am able to pick up where I left off and read Crooked Kingdom. I'm really dedicated to that instant gratification.
Wish me luck!