Monday, August 8, 2016

Tiffany, READ THESE BOOKS.

I feel like I've been caught off guard with all the book releases that are just around the corner. It's making me realize just how far behind I am in my reading list. I've prioritized my TBR on Goodreads (from highest to lowest priority: "read like you're running out of time", "follow through goddamnit," "show me how to say no to this," and "nope not gonna happen"). However... my shelves are starting to merge because I keep accidentally buying books from my "follow through goddamnit" shelf, which makes me feel like I need to prioritize those higher since I'm actually spending money on those books. Bookworm problems. Welcome to my brain.

So, ANYWAY... I'm using this post as a note to myself of what needs to happen and by when(ish) so that I can have some semblance of control as far as books are concerned.

Tiffany's Official List of Books to Read:

  1. ✔ Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo **MUST READ THIS PRIOR TO 9/26 BECAUSE YOU WILL UNDOUBTEDLY BE SPOILED AT THE CROOKED KINGDOM LAUNCH EVENT
  2. Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil by Melina Marchetta, goddess of everything **okay so this isn't actually out until October but Melina Marchetta lives high on my priority list in general so she can just stay here and hang out
  3. ✔ The Clasp by Sloane Crosley **I don't particularly want to read this book but it's for my book club and in the name of expanding my reading horizons, I will do my best to follow through... READ IN SEPTEMBER – if you can manage after Six of Crows, that is
  4. ✔ The Wrath and the Dawn (re-read so you can remember what happens before you read...)
  5. The Rose and the Dagger (but maybe you should first read...)
  6. The Moth & the Flame / ✔ The Crown & the Arrow / ✔ The Mirror & the Maze (?)
  7. Summer Skin by Kirsty Eagar **ask Aunt Christine to buy in Australia... or maybe purchase in December when you're tentatively in Australia it's getting released in the United States! (in 2018!)
  8. Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi **OCTOBER BOOK CLUB
  9. Every Word by Ellie Marney **technically I should read this asap but Book 3 doesn't currently have a US release date lol lol lol </3 BUT maybe I can buy this in Australia even though my covers won't match
  10. Iron to Iron by Ryan Graudin (I was so excited for this e-novella so WHY HAVEN'T I READ IT YET)
  11. Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley **out in October although it might not actually be released in the US until later but we'll just keep this as a placeholder for now
  12. Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin **out in November 2016
  13. Strange the Dreamer **really shouldn't even be on this list since it's not out until 2017 but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ NEW LAINI TAYLOR BOOK WOO!
  14. Between the World & Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates **DECEMBER BOOK CLUB HIGH PRIORITY ALERT ALERT READ THIS although you probably won't be able to attend this book club meeting... maybe it'll be rescheduled for January? – discuss with Louise
  15. The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen **for book club, Pulitzer Prize winner
Listing all of those out definitely did not make me feel any better. But I will definitely put Six of Crows on my list for late August/early September reading, which will probably give me just enough time to experience a quarter-life crisis and obsess over the book for a couple of weeks before I am able to pick up where I left off and read Crooked Kingdom. I'm really dedicated to that instant gratification.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I get what you mean about prioritizing! I've been struggling with that this month too because I started the free trial for Kindle Unlimited. So trying to read as many of those books as possible while catching up on series before all the big fall releases has been a little stressful!

    Good luck! We can do it!

    Lauren @ SERIESous Book Reviews #Commenting365

    ReplyDelete