Monday, October 20, 2014

A Brief Intermission: Wildlife

I'm very behind on my posting schedule (oops!). But between my last post and now, I've hit my reading goal of 50 books this year, hooray! It's been a challenging few weeks of reading. I finished the first three books in Sarah J. Maas' Throne of Glass series and loved them so much that it was hard to read anything else afterwards. I started a couple new books, read a few pages, put them down, picked them back up, read another few pages, but could never really get into any of their stories because I couldn't stop thinking about Celaena and Rowan and Chaol and Dorian and Manon. (Book 4, please come out sooner!)

Anyway, the first book I've been able to read in its entirety since then is Wildlife by Fiona Wood. My first Fiona Wood novel, in fact. (I accidentally skipped Six Impossible Things, oops!) Full review to come, but I wanted to share these two pars that I loved so much I took pictures to remember.


Isn't this a lovely sentiment? Some relationships are just inevitable... They defy all logic. Every so often as I'm walking through the city, I experience this feeling of being drawn to complete strangers because there's just something about them that's captivating. It's completely senseless, but it's somehow a weird, instinctual thing. This passage reminds me of something straight out of a Jeanette Winterson novel.


This one I just liked because it's something I can relate to – I constantly wish I could skip right over the social norms, the "getting to know you" stage of a relationship. What can I say, I'm a classic INFP with an intolerance for small talk. I'm a sucker for intensity. (This is probably why Michael's my favorite character from this whole book. I hope Fiona Wood writes a story about him someday.)

That's all for now. More regularly scheduled posts coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment