Friday, August 21, 2015

a better man | a monster – Fanmix for the Grisha Trilogy


"Why won’t you leave me alone?” I whispered one night as he hovered behind me while I tried to work at my desk.

Long minutes passed. I didn’t think he would answer. I even had time to hope he might have gone, until I felt his hand on my shoulder.

“Then I’d be alone, too," he said, and he stayed the whole night through, till the lamps burned down to nothing.

listen )

01 // Glory and Gore Lorde
Roughing up our minds so we're ready when the kill time comes / Wide awake in bed, words in my brain / "Secretly you love this, do you even wanna go free?"

02 // Degausser Brand New
Take me, take me back to your bed / I love you so much that it hurts my head / Say I don't mind you under my skin, I'll let the bad parts in, the bad parts in

03 // Medicine Daughter
You could still be what you want to, what you said you were when I met you / You've got a warm heart, you've got a beautiful brain / But it's disintegrating

04 // I Found Amber Run
I found love where it wasn't supposed to be, right in front of me / I'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take

05 // No Light, No Light Florence + the Machine
No light, no light in your bright blue eyes / I never knew daylight could be so violent / A revelation in the light of day / You can't choose what stays and what fades away

06 // Tamer Animals Other Lives
But we're all just an end to a simple thing, and it's all you see, and it's all you see / We're just tamer animals

07 // Glass Bat for Lashes
I tried to hold him, I tried for the creed / When two suns are shining, the battle becomes blinding

08 // No Rest for the Wicked Lykke Li
There'll be no rest for the wicked / I had his heart but I broke it every time

09 // Youth Daughter
And if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones / 'Cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs / Setting fire to our insides for fun / Collecting names of the lovers that went wrong

10 // Fish Wye Oak
They who made you, they made me too / Quiet like you, violent like you / I see you there, wild in my dreams / You'll be at peace now, at last from the sea / You will forget eventually the life that you wasted that led to the sea

11 // Lilies Bat for Lashes
I was empty as a grave and ghostless was the air / Again begged the thunder bolt to strike to mark me or else I will die / Oh, the lilies on the hill scented the night / Thank God I'm alive, thank God I'm alive

No comments:

Post a Comment