Monday, January 11, 2016

a place on the jellicoe road / Songs for Jellicoe Road


"What's the difference between a trip and a journey?"
"Narnie, my love, when we get there, you'll understand."

listen on 8tracks )

01 // Crystal New Order
I'm a man in a rage with a girl I betrayed / Here comes love, it's like honey / You shock me to the core

02 // Sunday Bloc Party
When I'm with you I am caught, a pearl in your oyster / Head on my chest, a silent smile, a private kind of happiness

03 // Gold Lion Yeah Yeah Yeahs
We'll build a fire in your eyes

04 // Is There A Ghost Band of Horses
I could sleep when I lived alone / Is there a ghost in my house?

05 // Easy To Love The Jezabels
There it is now, she enters the room / It guts like a fish to see how she's grown

06 // To Build A Home The Cinematic Orchestra
Out in the garden where we planted the seeds, there is a tree as old as me / Branches were sewn by the color of green, ground had arose and passed its knees

07 // The Healing Bloc Party
Calm down, let the world spin round / There ain't no other place to be / Take this lifeline / Skin tears but the flesh will weave back together again, only scars now

08 // Flame Trees Sarah Blasko
Do you remember nothing stopped us on the field in our day?

09 // Your Hand in Mine Explosions in the Sky

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't it?!? I wish I could take credit for it, but alas it's from one of those free stock photo websites. But I love how it matches the cover of the book. :)

      Delete