Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: The Year of the Crocodile

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

I wanted to have a weekly feature on this blog where I talk about all the new releases I'm looking forward to reading – I had the best/worst name for it too: Worked Up Wednesday!!? But then I discovered there is a far more legitimate weekly feature that already exists in the book blogging world, and that feature is the less charmingly named but more universally recognized "Waiting On Wednesday." So, officially, this feature will be called that – but just know that I'm still referring to it as Worked Up Wednesday in my head.

After reading Courtney Milan's Trade Me – the first title in her contemporary NA series (review to come...) – I've become so obsessed with Tina and Blake. The next book (it's a short story, really) from their point of view is called The Year of the Crocodile and it is all I can think about.

Reasons why I'm dying to read The Year of the Crocodile:


  • More from a Chinese female MC who is bright, sassy, and fierce AF! I love Tina. What a lovable porcupine.
  • More from Blake! Yay Blake. I love Blake. I need more men like Blake in my life.
  • Relationship development. I just want to know what those two are up to. Are they stable or still figuring things out? Are they in lovebird stage? What are they dealing with now???
  • When parents collide. Tina's funny, quirky, hardheaded social activist/anti-cop mother meets Blake's self-proclaimed asshole billionaire dad. Hilarity ensues.
  • Chinese New Year! I love when authors inject real parts of the culture into the story. Courtney Milan did such a great job of it in Trade Me so I look forward to seeing how she does it here.

What upcoming releases are you excited about??

Title: The Year of the Crocodile (Cyclone #2.5)
Author: Courtney Milan
Publisher: Courtney Milan
Publication date: September 12, 2016

Summary (via Goodreads):

Tina Chen and Blake Reynolds have been together for almost a year. In that time, they’ve grown closer on just about every front. The one exception? Blake’s father has never let anything stop him. Tina’s parents have never let anyone push them around. And they’ve never met.

That’s about to change. But don’t worry—fireworks are traditional at Chinese New Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment